Thursday, April 10, 2008

Another week flies by...

Time really has started to fly by... it feels like yesterday I was writing you and it's already been a week! The mystique of the mission has worn off and now it's just hard work, to say it quite simply. It is way hard to get people to talk to you. Waking up at 630 is pretty hard, too.

We were tracting yesterday and it was my turn to knock on the door. It is weird here because all the doors are metal mesh, so you can't see the person unless they open the door. I hear this man's voice and I start up a conversation. He wasn't interested at all and didn't want any pamphlets, so I said, "Do you think infants would live with Satan if they die?" (Once I blurted it out, I thought to myself, "WHAT AM I DOING??!! This guy is gonna think I'm off my rocker!?")

Well, he said, "no, I don't." We later found out that his six year old son died years before and he actually did want to read the pamphlets we had. Who knows what will happen with that. I guess it is true that if you open your mouth, it will be filled.

No comments: